I have the great honor as Senator to nominate a select few of Massachusetts' best and brightest students to serve our country by attending one of our service academies: the US Military Academy at West Point, the US Naval Academy, the US Air Force Academy and the US Merchant Marine Academy.
The men and women who attend our service academies receive a top-notch education while preparing for careers of military service and beyond. To be considered for a spot at a service academy, each student must receive an official nomination from either a US Senator or a member of the US House of Representatives.
Applications for the class of 2026 are no longer being accepted. Please check back in June 2022 regarding applications for the class of 2027.
Please click here to begin the application process.
The nomination application has two parts; a questionnaire and a checklist of submitted documents.
- Indicate which Service Academy you would like to attend.
- Compose an essay of at least 250 words in length explaining why you should be considered for nomination to a service academy.
- Provide detailed information on any activities, awards or honors you would like to be considered when your application is reviewed.
- An official high school or prep school transcript, with official school signature.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- SAT or ACT Scores - if you cannot take the tests because of COVID-19, please upload a brief document indicating that. Applications without SAT or ACT scores will still be considered complete.
Please contact my staff in the Boston office at 617-565-3170 or by email at Academy_Nominations@warren.senate.gov if you have any questions.
Applying to a service academy can be a complex process. Please note that, in addition to completing this nomination application, you must also complete the full application process of your desired service academy. Contact information for each academy's admissions office is listed below. You must meet all academy admissions requirements to receive a nomination.
For more information about each service academy, please visit their websites:
Director of Admissions
Colorado Springs, CO 80840
West Point, NY 10996
Director of Candidate Guidance
Annapolis, MD 21408
Kings Point, NY 11024
The United States Coast Guard Academy does not require congressional nominations. If you are interested in attending the USCG Academy, you can contact the Academy directly at:
USCG Admissions Office
New London, CT 06320