I have the great honor as Senator to nominate a select few of Massachusetts' best and brightest students to serve our country by attending one of our service academies: the US Military Academy at West Point, the US Naval Academy, the US Air Force Academy and the US Merchant Marine Academy.
The men and women who attend our service academies receive a top-notch education while preparing for careers of military service and beyond. To be considered for a spot at a service academy, each student must receive an official nomination from either a US Senator or a member of the US House of Representatives.
Applications for the class of 2026 are not yet being accepted. Please check back in June 2021.
The nomination application has two parts; a questionnaire and a checklist of submitted documents.
- Indicate which Service Academy you would like to attend.
- Compose an essay of at least 250 words in length explaining why you should be considered for nomination to a service academy.
- Provide detailed information on any activities, awards or honors you would like to be considered when your application is reviewed.
- An official high school or prep school transcript, with official school signature.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- SAT or ACT Scores -- use SAT code 0201 or ACT code 7141 if you want your scores to be sent directly to the office. Due to the expressed difficulty of taking the SAT and ACT tests during the COVID-19 pandemic, applications can be submitted and will be reviewed without SAT and ACT scores. However, if you do have scores to submit, please add them to your application by October 30. Any scores received between October 31 and November 13 can be emailed to Academy_Nominations@warren.senate.gov.
Please contact my staff in the Boston office at 617-565-3170 or by email at Academy_Nominations@warren.senate.gov if you have any questions.
Applying to a service academy can be a complex process. Please note that, in addition to completing this nomination application, you must also complete the full application process of your desired service academy. Contact information for each academy's admissions office is listed below. You must meet all academy admissions requirements to receive a nomination.
For more information about each service academy, please visit their websites:
Director of Admissions
Colorado Springs, CO 80840
West Point, NY 10996
Director of Candidate Guidance
Annapolis, MD 21408
Kings Point, NY 11024
The United States Coast Guard Academy does not require congressional nominations. If you are interested in attending the USCG Academy, you can contact the Academy directly at:
USCG Admissions Office
New London, CT 06320