Senators Warren and Markey Announce Committee Members for the Bipartisan Advisory Committee on Massachusetts Judicial Nominations to the US District Court for the District of Massachusetts
Washington, DC - United States Senators Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.) today announced members of the bipartisan advisory committee that will review and provide recommendations on federal District Court candidates across Massachusetts.
The Advisory Committee on Massachusetts Judicial Nominations will solicit, interview, and comment on applications for federal District Court vacancies.
"We welcome Janeth Moreno, Sudha Setty, and Dehlia Umunna, the Committee's newest members, and look forward to receiving the committee's recommendations," said Senator Warren and Markey.
The Advisory Committee comprises distinguished members of the Massachusetts legal community, including prominent academics and litigators, and is chaired by former U.S. District Court Judge Nancy Gertner.
Full list of Committee members:
- Pamela E. Berman, Partner at Robins Kaplan LLP
- Jack Corrigan, Principal and Owner at Corrigan & Associates
- Elissa Flynn-Poppey, Member/Partner at Mintz Levin Cohn Ferris Glovsky & Popeo, PC and former Deputy Legal Counsel to Governor Romney and Executive Director of the Judicial Nominating Commission for the Office of the Governor of Massachusetts
- Georgia Katsoulomitis, Executive Director of the Massachusetts Law Reform Institute
- Marianne LeBlanc, Principal at SUGARMAN
- Jennifer Levi, Professor of Law at Western New England University School of Law and Director of the Gay and Lesbian Advocates and Defenders (GLAD) Transgender Rights Project
- Janeth Moreno, President of the Massachusetts Association of Hispanic Attorneys and Founder and Managing Attorney at Moreno Law
- Willard Ogburn, Senior Fellow at the National Consumer Law Center
- Angela Onwuachi-Willig, Dean and Professor of Law at Boston University School of Law
- Walter Prince, Partner at Prince Lobel and former president of the Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- John Pucci, Partner and trial lawyer at Buckley Richardson
- Sue Reid, Senior Advisor - Finance at Global Optimism and former Vice President and Director of the Conservation Law Foundation Massachusetts
- Sudha Setty, Dean and Professor of Law at Western New England University School of Law
- Dehlia Umunna, Clinical Professor of Law at Harvard Law School and Faculty Deputy Director of the law school's Criminal Justice Institute
Next Article Previous Article